Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Transition

I have been transitioning to a new job so it has been a while since I've written. I've been running quite a bit (for me). September was a 145 mile month which is one of my longest ever.

Last Monday I ran a 15 mile long run. The cool weather made the run seem almost effortless. I ran the first five alone with no music. I ran the second five with Jakeb. He felt so good he wanted to run the last five with me but I wouldn't let him. Instead he got on his bike and rode beside me as I finished the last five with my ipod playing in my ears.

The rest of the week went well and Saturday morning I ran an 11 mile long run. I ran it Saturday instead of Monday because I no longer have Mondays off. I do have Friday off now so I am switching my long run to the other end of the week. My 11 mile run was not near as easy as the 15 miler. It was hot and humid, I had stayed up later than normal the previous night so I slept late and didn't start running until 8 am when the sun was up. I ran the first four miles way too fast which made the rest of the run rough. Jakeb ran the middle 4 with me and he had a rough time of it as well.

This week has been messed up because I haven't taken the time to redo my training spreadsheet to reflect Friday as my long run day. My day off will change as will my track workout day and tempo day.

Change is good but it is hard to be in-between.