Wednesday, September 20, 2006

HALLELUJAH

Yesterday morning as Jakeb and I ran in the dark we passed a guy on Azalea who was seeing his wife off for whatever she had to do that day. That is not all that unusual. What was funny though is that he was over 300 pounds and was wearing nothing but a pair of white boxers. As she pulled out of the driveway, he raised his hands in the air and shook his hips like a person trying to hoola hoop. While he did his dance he kept yelling “HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!”

I don’t know if he was trying to embarrass the poor woman but he was embarrassing me. Jakeb asked, “Is he drunk?” He was either drunk or odd for God. It was funny to watch and our whole family had a good laugh about it as we ate dinner last night.

This morning Jakeb and I rode our bikes to the track. He ran two and went home. I did ladders.

2x200
400
800
1 mile
800
400
2x200

I didn’t start my watch so I don’t know how fast I ran. The rate of perceived exertion was “painful” towards the end. It felt good to finish though.