Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lake Catherine State Park

The family made it home from camping Monday night. We had a great time while we were away at Lake Catherine State Park in Arkansas. Arkansas has some great state parks. We tent camped for a couple of nights and then spent two nights in a cabin.

Jakeb, Anna and Tori fished. Tori and Anna both caught their first fish on this trip. All three of our kids caught their first fish at Lake Catherine. Jakeb caught his first fish at Lake Catherine a couple of years ago.

We swam … the kids more than the adults. We hiked every trail in the park. Lake Catherine State Park has ten miles of hiking trails. I ran the trails a couple of times and slightly twisted my ankle yet again. Arrgh!

I read two books while I was away and thoroughly enjoyed both. This one and this one. It is rare that I read two books back-to-back that are as enjoyable. Usually there is a dud in between.

The trip was fun and relaxing.

Tonight Tori, Andrea and I are going to Everything is Spiritual … it should be good.