Saturday, June 10, 2006

Weird to walk

No one walks anymore. I was at the doctor's office not too long ago to get a shot before going to a foreign place. My car broke down and I was a little more than two miles from home.

I thought to myself, "I run farther than this every morning and I have time. Instead of bother someone I will walk home and get Andrea to bring me back to get my fried ride."

As I walked home a old friend stopped to ask if I needed a ride. I thanked him and said, "No, I'll walk."

He looked at me funny.

Later someone else told me I was weird for walking. "Why didn't you just make a phone call?"

Much of what I do is seen as "weird" or insane.

A walk home from the doctor's office… Running for the simple pleasure of it… Trying to live a life devoted to God...

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Friedrich Nietzsche