Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Four-Mile Tempo

I ran a four-mile tempo run yesterday. Jakeb ran the first two with me and he did a good job of hanging close. We put together a half-marathon training program that starts for him in July. I think it seems a little overwhelming for him as he sees the whole training program but we talked about how he will have to take it a run at a time. I know how intimidating it can be to think of how far you have to run towards the end of a training program. I wish I would have had the same opportunity at thirteen.

I was supposed to run my four-miler at 8:30 pace but got a little carried away with the last two.

8:30, 8:23, 8:11, 8:13

This morning I ran slow four and it was hot. The rest of the week will be hit and miss and hopefully next week I will get in a routine rhythm.

Later …