Thursday, June 15, 2006

Can't complain about the weather

This morning I ran in a suburb of Chicago. As I ran beside a small lake on an unfamiliar route I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back and a guy was breathing hard as he caught up to me.

As he reached me he slowed and said, “What do you think about this weather?”

It was cool and in the 60’s with 40% humidity and I said, “I think it’s great. I’m from the coast of Texas and it is 75 and high humidity even in the early morning. The weather here is almost perfect.”

He scoffed and said, “Wait until this weekend it will be just like Texas; humid and almost 90 degrees.”

Then he kicked in the afterburners and left me behind.

I won’t be here this weekend; I will be home where it is really hot. Most of our attitude in life is about perspective.