Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Singapore Marathon No More (for me anyway)

My run this morning was really good. Saturday morning was the first run I have had in a long time that wasn’t a struggle when I ran 8 miles around MacRitchie. It is good to have a couple of runs within a week that are good. Lately running has been tough.

I decided to run the Singapore Marathon and signed up months ago. Ever since then my running has gone downhill. I had a 15 mile long run scheduled on October 8th. I only made it 14.5 miles and had to walk the last two. My heal started hurting and I think it was the beginning of plantar fasciitis.

I had signed up for the Real Run half marathon on October 16th but I skipped it which is uncharacteristic for me.

So needless to say I am not running Singapore Marathon on December 4th. I am bummed but not too bummed. I ran a couple of marathons this year already and I think my body was/is telling me it needed a rest.

I’m thinking I will take it easy until January or February and then start ramping up for a summer marathon in Australia. It will be their winter. Perth maybe? We will see how my body responds.