Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday am 20 Miles

The weather cooled off just in time. As I walked out of the door this morning it was 72 degrees and a little humid and overcast. During the first mile the wind switched directions and it started to feel a lot better. I’m not sure the temperature dropped that much but the humidity did.

I felt good for most of the run. I had to run into a four hundred thousand mile per hour head wind between miles seventeen and nineteen and that was rough – it is amazing I survived. But the last mile felt pretty good. I will definitely be sore today.

Instead of keeping each mile split I ran four 5-mile loops and kept my time for each loop. I didn’t want to spend the whole run watch watching.

Here are the splits:
1st 5 – 44:39
2nd 5 – 41:40
3rd 5 – 45:38
4th 5 – 46:08

Total – 2:58:06
8:54 pace per mile