Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Oh ... my aching back.

On Saturday morning I decide to repair the garage door. One of the pulleys was worn out and the right side of the door would jam and knock the rollers out of their sleeves. I removed to old pulley and set out for Lowes to get a new one.

Before I left, I decided to check some rotting wood on the fascia board on the roof above our front door and see if it was a simple enough repair for me to get the supplies while I was out. As I started poking around I found that there was more water damage than I had imagined. In about 15 minutes I had torn off way more wood than I had intended.

What was going to be a short morning job (changing garage door parts) turning in to an all day carpentry project. I ended the day having repaired the rotten wood but I was sore and sun burnt.

This morning when I went out to feed the dogs I bent over to pick up the dog food and my back wrenched. My lower back hurts now and it will be a day or two before I run again.

It is good to know I finished a job around the house I had been dreading but it came at a high price.