Friday, March 31, 2006

trechoagon

What’s up with the trechoagon in the blog address?

Both trecho and agon are Greek words. I do not really know any Greek except when it comes to ordering food like a “Gyro”. That’s mostly what I know about foreign languages … how to order from their menus, because I like food.

Trecho” is a Greek word where the English word “trek” is derived. Trek is a bike, it is also a long walk, or a journey on foot.

Agon” is the Greek word from which the English word “agony” comes. It is translated “race” in the New Testament of the Bible. There is a verse that says “Let us run (trecho) with endurance the race (agon) marked out especially for us …” My last marathon included some agony so I think it fits.

These two words are what this blog is about. Running the race both figuratively and literally. Running the race of life, running the race every morning to get out of bed and cover a couple of miles. Running the race is what my life is about.

Trecho agon …