Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Frustrated

June 9, 2005 I was running with Jakeb and I stepped off of the curb and twisted my ankle bad. For some reason I have twisted my ankle quite a few times in my life and this time was probably 2nd worst.

I was off for 16 days and it was one of the most frustrating times in my running life. I had such a desire to run but my ankle would not cooperate. There were a couple of times I attempted a run on my messed up ankle and probably set myself back a couple of days.

Well I’m back in that same place. I want to run. I am jonesing for a run. I need my fix and yet my back will not cooperate. It drives me crazy to know what I want is just out of reach. Arrrrgh …

Was there a lesson I was supposed to learn when I sprained my ankle? And now for missing the point my penance is to go through a similar situation in the same way? I don’t think that’s the way life works but I am frustrated all the same. At least this time I can get on the bike.

Enough about not being able to run … I won’t post about my messed up back anymore. I will only say when it’s fixed.