Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weekend Road Trips

As of Saturday there are two teenagers in the Stunz house. Jakeb, our son turned thirteen. For his birthday he wanted to go to Cabellas in Buda Texas. So he picked five friends and we woke up early Saturday morning and took the first of three Texas road trips.

We got to Buda at about 9:30 a.m. and spent the day exploring the huge outdoor store. The boys went to workshops on fly casting, flounder fishing, and archery. About mid-day we ate lunch in the Cabellas restaurant. Some of the boys ate venison brat and bison brat. I’m sure it made them feel more manly. After lunch Andrea parked in a booth in the restaurant with a lap top to get some work done and rest her feet while everyone else continued to explore the store.

For his birthday Jakeb got money, which I assumed he would spend while we were at Cabellas, but he only spent about $25. Before lunch over the intercom a voice said “Jakeb Stunz please come to the customer service counter.” Jakeb assumed they had done something wrong and he was scared to go. But he went anyway and found that his aunt Edie had phoned in a Cabellas gift card for him. That was the $25 he spent. He has decided that he wants to save for a kayak.

I bought a backpack for my Nepal trip in May. Overall it was a good day. We left at about 4:30 p.m.

On Sunday I preached for my friend Danny at The Way Fellowship Church in Spring. Phillip and Jenny lead music along with Andrea (my wife ) and my daughter Tori.

Yesterday Andrea and I went to Clear Lake and ate a late lunch or early dinner at Pei Wei and finished the day at Jakeb’s track meet in Santa Fe, TX.

This weekend has been full of driving. I think I spend a billion dollars on gas but it was all worth it.