Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Treadmill in the afternoon

Andrea had outpatient surgery today on her foot to remove a neuroma. She is doing well and hopefully this will fix the pain she has had in her foot. She is stuck with the pain in her neck though (me).

Because of the surgery I changed my running around today. I ran in the afternoon since her surgery was in the morning. And I ran on the treadmill so I could be here at home if she needed me. I rarely run anytime other than in the morning and I don’t like to run on the treadmill much. But today neither was all that bad.

A friend of mine gave me the training schedule he used to run a 3:09 marathon at Houston and qualify for Boston. I adapted it to where I am and did some speed work today. I warmed-up with an easy 800, then ran a hard mile (hard for me any way) with 400 recovery. After that 800 with 400 recovery. 400x2 with 400 recovery. 200x4 with 200 recovery and finally 800 cool down for five miles total.

I liked running on the treadmill because I had no choice but to run a consistent pace.

“I liked running on the treadmill” … did I just type that?

Tomorrow it's back outside where I was meant to run.