Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sufficiently Encouraged

If I do not run well tomorrow it will not be because I was not encouraged to do so. Earlier this week my wife Andrea gave me a card that said “You can do it.” The next day she left a card in my chair from my kids telling me that I could do it. The following morning I found a card in my office chair from my mom, dad, and brother saying they knew I would run well. The next day it was Andrea’s family encouraging me and the day after that it was a card from friends. This morning I got another card from Andrea reminding me how long I’ve trained for tomorrow. The delivery of these cards was orchestrated by her.

Yesterday when I came home from work at 11:00am to head to the expo and pick up my race packet there were signs in our yard that said “Go Tommy – 26.2” Constantly Cruising” etc. Andrea says she had nothing to do with that one and we still haven’t figured out who is responsible.

This afternoon while I took a nap Andrea and our 14 year old daughter Tori made an Italian feast for a couple of local runners from our church that are still in town. We will carbo load together tonight after our Saturday service.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me by saying they belive I can do it. Especially the most excellent woman in the world; my wife Andrea.

If I stink tomorrow I will be my own fault.