Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Franciscan travel blessing

I think sometimes I try to make things too complex for my own good. And at other times I boil things down to a cliche when those things are layered and multidemensional and anything but simplistic. Sometimes I am too simple, logical and comfortable for my own good.

from One House:

May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers,
half truths and superficial relationships
so that you may live deep within your heart.

May God bless you with anger at injustice,
oppression, and exploitation of people,
so that you may wish for justice, freedom, and peace.

May God bless you with enough foolishness
to believe that you can make a difference in this world,
so that you can do what others claim cannot be done.

On a completely random note - I am a wimp so I blew off running today and used the excuse that I was too tired and cold.