Wednesday, August 29, 2018

I Walk Alone and Wonder

I walk alone back to my room across the desert with the wind blowing sand in my eyes. Just Look at this Mess sings in my ears as I blink fast to try and clear the blur on my contacts.

I lie like the color of the rainbow
I cheat like the daisies in the field

As the words roll around in my head I wonder how they apply to me.

I walk alone on the steep incline of the treadmill. I am face the gym mirror, not because I am vain - although I might be - but because all of the treadmills face the mirrors. As I pick up the pace and jog for three minutes I wonder what lies I am telling myself.

I walk alone in a dream and a whisper in my head tells me I am no longer the one for anyone.I feel the separation in a new way. I sit in the vulnerability like I am told I must. Since I have lied I wonder if I was ever the one for anyone at all.