Monday, January 30, 2012

Time off and then marathon training

Running has been good. My foot feels better after what I think was probably the beginning of plantar fasciitis. I took time off when I got my tattoo so it would heal and it helped my foot as well. When I started back I eased in to running. Lately running has been one of those things I just do without too much thought. It feels good not just when I am done but during the primal act of placing one foot in front of the other.

Yesterday afternoon I went back to see Moon so he could finish my tattoo. I wanted it to extend inside my arm and as usual he did an amazing job. In the photo you can tell which part of the tattoo is new by how red it is. While it heals I will take a week or so off. Then it is time to start training for the Perth Marathon. It is not until June but I am going to do a long slow ramp up. My main goal is to run well. I will see how the training goes before I formulate any more specific goals.