Saturday, December 12, 2009

SBS Marathon Christchurch New Zealand

On December 1st I entered Jakeb and me in the SBS Marathon in Christchurch New Zealand. I think it is cool that he gets to run his first marathon in New Zealand in a town named Christchurch.

When the Singapore Marathon told us that Jakeb could not run the marathon unless he was 18 years old we started looking for a marathon to run in Asia. It seems that none of them will let a person run unless they are 18.

While checking out marathon calendars I found the SBS Marathon's web site and could not find an age limit for the race. I email the race director and told him about Jakeb wanting to run a marathon and that he had run a 25k and two half-marathons. I asked if a 17 year old could run his race.

He emailed me back and said that since Jakeb had a running background he seemed well prepared for the race and he said "Will be great to have some more overseas runners at the event. FYI, I ran the very first SBS Marathon when I was 14, so would be a tad rude to deny your son... :-)"

So we have a marathon to train for together ... finally.

I ran this morning for the first time since the Singapore Marathon. I feel fine when I am walking. But running was another story. I still feel it in my quads so I ran s l o w .