Friday, January 12, 2007

Believe In Yourself ... It's Alright, It's Alright

I ran 4 miles this morning with my Nike + iPod sport kit. It would be very easy to get addicted to running with it. That could be bad because I used to pride myself on the meditative effect of running with nothing to interfere with the brain waves. I need to leave it at home some of the time.

Having said that though, I have built a “running tempo” playlist. The first four songs are Believe by King’s X, Hitchin a Ride by Green Day, Vertigo by U2, and What Would You Say by The Dave Matthews Band. This morning my plan was to run an easy four wherever my legs took me while my iPod measured the miles. I usually run a familiar mapped out route. The problem is that I heard the beginning notes of Believe and I had no chance at running “easy”. I finished at a 7:50 pace which is pushing it for me.

Jakeb is ready to go. Andrea is ready too. Sunday we all three will finish the Houston half-marathon.