Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Full Track Workout

I finished my first full track workout of this season. I’ve stopped short of what my training schedule called for me to run on every other track workout so far. I felt much better this morning. I think the main reason I finished this workout was because I recently got an iPod and it sure helped me keep running to have music in my head.

The Brazoswood High School drill team showed up about half-way through my workout and decided the best place to meet before they started practice was on the track. They left half of the outside lane for runners and walkers to pass through. It’s their world … we just take up space in it.

Jakeb made the trip to the track with me. He ran two and then went home on his bike ahead of me.

800 warm-up
1 mile (400 recovery)
800 (400 recovery)
2x400 (400 recovery)
4x200 (200 recovery)
800 cool-down

All of the blue stuff was at about 7:00 per mile pace