Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Running mojo

Running has been fun lately. Usually this time of year I hit a spot where it is really hard to walk out of the door in the mornings and run. For some reason it has been different this year. Maybe it is because Jakeb is running with me some. Maybe it is because Andrea is training this year to walk the half-marathon and watching her leave for exercise before me motivates me to get out there too. Maybe it is because I am in better shape to train for a marathon. I don’t know what has made the difference but I have not hit a low spot yet this season. If I were superstitious I would cross my fingers and knock on wood and throw salt over my shoulder or something to keep it going.

This morning Jakeb and I ran three miles together and it was good, then I ran 2 more alone. I felt like I could run for a while longer but I had to come in and get ready for work.

Hopefully this post won’t mess up my good running mojo.