Saturday, October 15, 2005

Who I am ...

My name is Tommy. I define myself in many ways but there are a few that are important. I am a husband. I am a dad. I am a runner. I am a teacher. Most importantly I am a follower of The Way. God is important to me but not in a televangelist conservative Christian kind of way.

I used to blog on another site but when I wrote I was writing as the voice of my employer even though I often wrote what was honestly me. I started this blog because I want to write as Tommy not as anyone else.

I am training for the 2006 Houston Marathon. I ran my first marathon on January 16, 2005 in Houston and finished in 4:13:46 chip time, 4:16:51 gun time. This past Monday I ran an 11 mile long run. There is still a lot of training left to do.

Everything I have to say here is my opinion. I will write about the world as I see it and whatever I happen to be thinking at the time.